If you’re a frequent reader of our blog, you might have
picked up a minimalist vibe. Or at least a wanna-be-minimalist vibe.
I like plain, simple, effective. I don’t do lots of 'stuff'.
In fact, my favourite part about cleaning the house is that I always find
something I haven’t used in months that I can guiltlessly chuck.
Seeing as I’m so hopeless at keeping new year resolutions, I’ve
decided I’ll make some new financial year resolutions and see if I’m any better
at keeping those.
They relate to money and stuff, so I’m hoping they’ll be
easier to keep than swearing off chocolate. Here is my short, hopefully doable, list of new financial year resolutions!
- Do not purchase ANYTHING with the credit card. If I cannot afford it NOW, I cannot afford it at all.
- Reassess my attitude towards and definition of key terms, including ‘need’ and ‘want’.
- For my birthday, accept only phone calls, good company and good food.
- Choose 4 months in the next 12 and set them aside as months to purchase consumables only. (Note to self: Make sure one of them is not September)
- Before purchasing non-consumable products, make the item
pass a 3 question test:
a. Do I need this now?
b. Will I use this in the future?
c. Do I actually need this at all?
© Oz Baby Trends 2012

I've been working on the credit card one this year! I mostly used it for business purchases but still, because I was in the habit of using it, it quite often got whipped out for extra unnecessary luxuries only to have them amount to quite alot by the time the statement came in! Feels SO good only using cash you have and nearly having the card paid off in full :) I just have to work on my husband, I find sneaky purchases on there from him all the time ;)
ReplyDelete