Friday, October 22, 2010

Version 3 Dream Dri Review

I’ve had the privilege, these past few weeks, of being the first Australian mum to trial the Version 3 Dream Dri Pop-In.



I’ve always loved the Version 2 Dream Dri, so my initial reaction to an updated version was fairly nonplussed. I couldn’t understand why anyone would remake a nappy that has fast become one of Australia’s leading day nappies. I was a little skeptical that this new version could really outdo the old.

The nappy has been receiving rave reviews in the UK and has scored a couple of highly coveted parenting industry awards in Europe, so it has had a lot to live up to as we submitted it to all the fervour of full-time nappying.


So what’s all the fuss about?

Testers in the UK said this nappy was faster to dry than the current Dream Dri. Seriously? Quicker than 2 hours? How much quicker do you want it to be??

They said this nappy was more absorbent. Well that would be great, but you can’t expect bamboo-type absorbency when you’re working with microfibre... can you?

They said this nappy was slimmer. Another plus, but for goodness’ sake! Let’s not compromise the unique and intelligent design that distinguishes the Pop-In from every other modern cloth nappy on the market!


The verdict

I am delighted to announce that the Version 3 Dream Dri has made the cut and now has pride of place on my extensive list of tried and tested day nappies. It is by far the most convenient day nappy in my stash of over 30 brands. And it does indeed outperform the Version 2. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Version 3 Dream Dri as the ultimate birth to potty nappy.

It dries faster than the Version 2, it is much more absorbent (not quite up there with the Original, but definitely an improvement on Version 2 absorbency), and it is alot slimmer! The unique Pop-In design has been upheld throughout the stream-lining process and unncessary bulk has been eliminated.

The outer fabric is non-pill yet still soft on baby's sensitive skin. The inner minky fabric is sooooo super soft with a top layer of fast-wicking sports jersey keeping baby dry.

I’ve been using it with my 2 year old (who is toilet trained) and my 8 week old – both boys – and have been impressed with the slim fit on my newborn, while fitting perfectly on my 2 year old also. I have not been able to test its absorbency with my toddler, as he is yet to have an accident in the nappy, which I suppose is a good thing!

This is not a night nappy on its own. For use as a night nappy, I would highly recommend you accompany the nappy with a dri-night booster.

The nappy is currently being trialled in Victoria by 6 mums, 3 of whom use MCNs and 3 of whom have never used a cloth nappy. Once the trial is complete, we will be rolling out the new version, along with the summer limited edition Close Baby Carriers.

Exciting times ahead for Close Parent in Australia.

1 comment:

  1. one of the mums trailing the nappy (and new to MCN) LOVES it, she was very impressed.

    ReplyDelete